Aalto University: Communications Intern
Type: Part-time, fixed-term (at least until the end of the year 2017)
Working hours: 15-25 hours a week depending on your situation
Preferred background: 2nd -5th years of studies
Starting date: As soon as possible, negotiable
Location: Otaniemi, Espoo
Application DL: ASAP/ Wednesday 27th September
Are you interested in digitalization and digital services? Aalto University is now looking for a communications intern to support the digitalization activities in Aalto! This is a great opportunity for a student to gain relevant work experience alongside studying! (2nd -5th years of studies)
Digitalization is one of the key strategic initiatives of Aalto – Aalto targets to be a leading ICT University, and an acknowledged leader in digital learning, open research data, partner ecosystem and campus services.
The joint digitalization activities are led by Aalto Digitalization Program, owned by Aalto Chief Digitalization Officer.
Aalto University is looking for a communications intern to support us in sharing our plans, activities and success stories with the Aalto community. Your tasks include, for example, planning and creating ways and content for our communications – interviewing people, writing articles on projects and success stories, facilitating online communications, participating in planning the communication activities and channels, as well as other communications related tasks.
This role offers a genuine chance to have a holistic view on digitalization activities in Aalto and to be part of making digitalization known across our university. This is a fixed-term position until the end of the year but there is a possibility to lengthen the contract in spring. You will be working in a digital transformation program (in IT Services) and cooperate closely with people from different backgrounds.
We expect you to have:
- Strong interest in communication planning and creating content
- Experience (or strong interest towards) in creating appealing content: writing articles or blogs, facilitating online discussions etc.
- Curious and open mind, and strong interest in digitalization and digital services and what benefits they can bring
- Proactive attitude to work and ability to ability to do the tasks independently
- Fluent written English & Finnish
- Understanding higher education sector as a whole
- We consider as an advantage:
- Fluency in written Swedish
- A responsible, diverse and challenging job description
- A possibility to be part of making digitalization known across our university
- Responsible role and possibility to work independently
- Flexibility with working hours
- A possibility to gain a huge amount of experience in a versatile communication role
Interested? Submit your application letter and CV in PDF as soon as possible but by latest on Wednesday 27th of September here: https://apply.atalent.fi/aalto-university-communications-intern-9-2017 .Please mention your first possible starting date in your application documents.
For more information on the recruitment process and the position, contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Noora Markoff (+358 40 5928993, noora.markoff[at]atalent.fi]