Working-time: Preferably fulltime, part-time working also possible
Background: Master level student
Location: Otaniemi, Espoo
Starting date: As soon as possible, negotiable
Application DL: 17.09.2017
Digitalization is one of the key strategic initiatives of Aalto – Aalto targets to be a leading ICT University, and an acknowledged leader in digital learning, open research data, partner ecosystem and campus services. The joint digitalization activities are led by Aalto Digitalization Program, owned by Aalto Chief Digitalization Officer.
We are looking for a master level student of business or tech to assist us to implement a new FAQ- Intranet site (IT-guidance). As a Digital Communication and marketing trainee, you will take part of planning, preparing and executing the site. With your team, you will ensure Aalto Intranet to be clear and user-friendly to its users (students and Aalto University staff).
Your tasks include structure and functionality updates, link checking and translating the required material from Finnish to English. This means you must be excellent in presenting in written format and excellent knowledge in communication, marketing, and English. In this role, you will also create new guidelines in cooperation with experts from different sections (e.g. IT and Communication)
Results of your work will be a direct input to develop communication and marketing of Aalto IT Services. By the project, you will gain a huge amount of experience in the organization’s internal marketing and communications of technology services. This role offers a chance to influence the future Intranet site of Aalto IT Services and to jumpstart your professional career. This position is fixed-term, approximately 6 months.
We expect you to have:
• Curiosity and strong interest in internal communication, content, and service marketing within the organization
• User-friendly mindset & ability to process a lot of information and material in different formats
• Ability to produce clear written material targeted to different audiences, including researchers, students, and staff
• Suitable university background (e.g. Marketing, Communications, Information Service Management, International Design Business Management and so on)
• Willingness to cooperate with people from different backgrounds
• Excellent verbal and written Finnish language skills and a good capability to prepare material in English
Considered as a plus:
• Understanding of user centric design practices
• Knowledge to use Confluence wiki-software
• Previous experience in content management systems (e.g. Drupal)
We can offer you:
• A responsible, diverse and challenging job description
• A key role in a significant project
• A chance to influence the development of communication and marketing of Aalto IT Services
• Flexibility with working hours
Sounds like a perfect match for you? Submit your application letter and CV in PDF by latest on Sunday 17th of September here: https://apply.atalent.fi/aalto-university-it-services-trainee-for-digital-communication-and-marketing-9-2017 .Please mention your possible starting date in your application documents.
To get more information about the Intranet update, you can contact Anna Seppänen, Development Manager at IT Services (+358 50 361 8333) on Tuesday 12th between 1-2 pm. For more information on the recruitment process and the position, contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Noora Markoff (+358 40 5928993, noora.markoff[at]atalent.fi]