Type: Part-time, fixed-term (at least until the end of the year 2017)
Working hours: 15-30 hours a week
Preferred background: 2nd -5th years of studies
Starting date: As soon as possible, negotiable
Location: Otaniemi, Espoo
Application DL: ASAP/ Tuesday 17th October
Digitalization is one of the key strategic initiatives of Aalto – Aalto targets to be a leading ICT University, and an acknowledged leader in digital learning, open research data, partner ecosystem and campus services. The joint digitalization activities are led by Aalto Digitalization Program, owned by Aalto Chief Digitalization Officer.
Aalto University is looking for a curious and open-minded communications intern support them in sharing our plans, activities and success stories with the Aalto community. Your tasks include, for example, planning and creating ways and content for our communications – interviewing people, writing articles on projects and success stories, facilitating online communications, participating in planning the communication activities and channels, as well as other communications related tasks.
This role offers a genuine chance to have a holistic view on digitalization activities in Aalto and to be part of making digitalization known across our university. This is a fixed-term position until the end of the year but there is possibility to lengthen the contract in spring.
You will be working in a digital transformation program (in IT Services) and cooperate closely with people from different backgrounds.
We expect you to have:
• Strong interest in communication planning and creating content
• Experience or strong interest in creating appealing content: writing articles or blogs, facilitating online discussions etc.
• Ability to produce consistent analysis and clear summaries targeted to different audiences (including management)
• Proactive attitude to work and ability to ability to do the tasks independently
• Fluent written English & Finnish
• Understanding higher education sector as a whole
• Willingness to cooperate with people from different backgrounds
We consider as an advantage:
• Fluency in Swedish
• A responsible, diverse and challenging job description
• A possibility to be part of making digitalization known across our university
• Responsible role and possibility to work independently
• Flexibility with working hours
Interested? Submit your application letter and CV in PDF as soon as possible but by latest on Tuesday 17th October here: https://apply.atalent.fi/aalto-university-communications-intern-10-2017 Please mention your first possible starting date in your application documents.
For more information on the recruitment process and the position, contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Noora Markoff (+358 40 5928993, noora.markoff[at]atalent.fi]